Monday, April 11, 2016

GOODBYE...IN A LETTER.




(the letter he will never receive, because he already knows them in
the silent words of my absence)



Goodbye My Miguel, my dear, sweet, beautiful Miguel.

I said I was leaving what we have behind, on our first day I saw you last month.
And on the last day, when you held me in your arms,
I again said it.

I know, that so many times I said, I was going to go,
in the midst of our time together
I always said it and never could follow thru on what I promised.

Now... I'm different.
And although I don't know if you sense it yet, only because of how every trip
that we're together, we end it the same
Good-bye...I love you
and we try, and we try and we try
to stay away from each other.

We don't call... because of all the reasons,
we try to follow thru on what we've said.

ok.   but this time I'm different.

Different...because a part of me can't go on like this anymore

I've realized over the last year, just how alone I am

Yes, you may love me from the other side of the ocean,
but it's not enough. 

I told you many things, when we were together.
I told you of all that you brought to my life.
I told of you all that you helped me to realize I am, just because you loved me
And because I loved you

Loving you was like flying
I was free
to dance under the moon
I was free to create all the crazy things I did... for us.

But, I can't do this anymore
I'm tired.
And like you said to me... you knew I was tired.

I remember one day,  you said, you could do this forever.
But it wasn't right.
For all the reasons it wasn't right, it was beautiful for more.

I always say that for the reasons it was not right, 
they were also the reasons I loved you more.

I know you'll miss me 
when you see a falling star
when you see the full moon above you
and on those dark rainy days.
You'll think of me when you think of Ibiza and paella
and when you see the cute little Fiats driving past you
You'll think of me when you touch yourself,
in all the places only I can touch so perfectly
You'll miss me when your back hurts and
my magical fingers and hands that cure you are no where to be found
you'll miss my stories
you'll miss the life in me, and how it gave you the desire to live more
you'll miss the look in my eyes... when I see you look at me
you'll miss the face you loved... and all the expressions only you know
you'll miss me when you hear Enrique's songs
and all the songs I sang to you, out of tune
you'll miss my tenderness
and my playfulness
and the peace you felt in my arms
you'll miss my words, and all that I create
you'll miss my child-like ways, that brought the child out of you
but one thing you will always miss is the true unconditional love that I felt for you
and how I always made you feel appreciated
and desirable...

and me....... I'll miss you every waking hour of every day.
because I wake up and you're one of my first thoughts...
and before I fall asleep, you're one of the last.
but most of all I'll miss you in my dreams... my waking dreams...
where I constantly create our next beautiful moments...
and our forever...

I don't blame you... I don't blame me.
because all I've done I did with every ounce of my being
because I loved you with all of me

It's just time now.

I try to make sense of it.
But I've realized what happened, 
and all that didn't happen,
was meant to be this way.

It had to be...
Because I needed to get to where I am now, in so many ways
And if it hadn't happened, I would be a different person today.
And that is why I'm letting go with such determination
because I know that I need to accomplish so much
And I feel that this love was weighing me down
It had me trapped
I was saving the best parts of me, for you.
for only you
and I stopped living... because I lived for you

And now... I need to put all the energy I put into you and me...
into me and my dreams.

y como dice la cancion

"
He decidido escribirte, 
despues de tanto llorar, 
mis lagrimas son hoy estos versos que, 
tu ausencia nunca podra borrar, 
me voy como vine a tu vida, 
sin hacer ruido me despido me voy, 
pero me cuesta tanto olvidarte mi amor, 
me cuesta tanto decirte adios!

Hoy he vuelto a entender que, 
jamas volveran, aquellos paseos 
de vuelta al hotel, 
en que tu me enpujabas 
para no perder, un solo instante en hacer el amor....

(Adios Dulcinea - Mago de Oz)


*****

I used to ask for signs from God and the universe
whether I should stay or move on
and I always got the needed signs to stay

I made justifications for all the reasons we weren't together
and they still today make sense
but
I can't justify any more
I can't ask for signs, although they are all around me

What we have is beautiful
and something we will never get enough of
We will always have unfinished business
it's why for 14 years, we never said good-bye.

And as I go away.. a part of me says no more
And no...it's not no more of us
it's no more, of the little we have
I need more...so I must go.

I believe now is a good time to leave
because I always knew that I always had to leave you with the best of me
I had to leave  you craving me... 
I had to leave you thinking of me only in the most positive of ways

And that is why I must go.
Our love has not died
our love still lives...
so I must go.. and leave you with the best of me

Our last day together, was like one of our first days together, so long ago
Beautiful... free... adventurous...
and giving each other the best of us.
We were happy... and of course we were sad.
You looked at me with those tear filled eyes... 
knowing deep in your heart I had to go, but you'd see me again
And I looked at you with my tear filled eyes... knowing I didn't know when I'd be back
because I knew that I wasn't coming back for a long long time

And I knew... that I had to leave... with you loving me
like I loved you... so that someday... when life changes, and the time comes,
we could find each other...
because what we have left are our beautiful memories
of you... of me... of the us that we became ...
together.

and in a sense.... I have to be the girl who got away
when you think back.

I have to be the one you think of always...wondering where I am
wondering what I'm doing
wondering who has my heart
and all the magic I bring to life

you'll miss my magic...
you'll miss my touch
and all I caused you to feel
you'll miss all that you caused me to be
all that you pulled from the hollows of my soul
and you will feel empty without all that I brought to your world
all the beautiful stories and dreams we created
and fantasies of being together

and maybe someday... like I told you
you will come for me
you will find me
you will show up at my door
and like you said, you'd come one day early
to watch me in my world
to see what i do without me knowing

and maybe on that day, when you are finally in front of me
in my world
I can be yours again...
the woman you called Mia...

So now... 
our love story ends...
and maybe it's not the end
but a new beginning

You will live in my heart...as I know I will live in yours

And maybe someday... I won't be the girl who got away
but the girl... who when it was time,
became yours...

Good-bye my sweet love...
My Miguel.... 
from your Mia... 
always!









No comments:

Post a Comment