Friday, April 15, 2016

UNFINISHED BUSINESS...








So... I just wrote a facebook post...

and I said,
we'll always have unfinished business...

and it made me think of the words in the movie
The Notebook
"it wasn't over... it still isn't over"

And yes, it's what I know
and am certain of.

but... my mind and heart
are no longer weak
where I thrive on those thoughts
and am no longer needy of him

Although I miss him, just like I told him.
I miss him lots...
but I'm ok.

I read last night... an article that said

if it was the  right person, it wouldn't be the wrong time.

It really made me think.

In fact it put me in my place.
A place I needed to be
Another place of deep realization

because i'm always trying to find meaning
I have to find meaning in us

the article I read... expanded on what I had already realized
about us.

You know...
so many times we fight for love..
we love people desperately
and they don't love us in the way we need to be loved at that moment
the way we're loving them
and it causes us so much pain.

and the part of me... that realizes why everything happened the way it
was so that I could grow and be a better person
and discover more
and help others more
and just have a fuller life

it all needed to happen to bring us all to where we are today

but the part of me that fantasizes
and knows that we will be together one day
was slapped into thinking something differently last night

After reading that article
I realized, that maybe he isn't the right person
because he would do everything to never lose me

I think that's what I want now
is proof that he loves me
i want to see what he would do to never lose me

it's what I wanted last  year when i was going thru the whole cancer thing
I just needed to know I was loved.
And honestly... I didn't feel it where I needed to feel it most.
And not because i was loved less,
but I realized how little I actually was receiving before that
and i just wanted and needed more

and it's why i'm going away, in a sense
not because I don't love him
not because i'm tired of him

Only because I want to be loved
the way I want to be loved
the way I deserve to be loved

and also...
I want to be loved, the way I love.

bits and pieces no longer suffice

and cancer, yes taught me to do with or without it

even though I love with everything that embodies my heart, soul, body....
every thing.

I won't settle anymore.

first and foremost, for anyone less than he is
and secondly... for bits and pieces of him

I need to feel loved.
and the way he loves me hasn't changed.

I changed.

And all I realize now, is if we are the right person for each other
we will eventually make it the right time

But... time will pass...

And someday... everything will fall into place
with him or without him

I talked about my dreams today

and he asked... will there be a position for me?
I said, "you'll be the supervisor
because what I do, I dream of doing for us.   Me, You, my child, your child."

It's how I think.

He asked about my procedures
and I told him the plans
but I told him he couldn't see me until he did something
to see me, to take me to another place in Spain
to come to Miami.
I blocked him from all my pictures on social media
except my profile photos
because I won't allow him to see me anymore
No... No.
and I told him so

And so I spoke... freely, no limitations, nothing holding me back.

It's who he fell in love with.

but...again we dreamt together,
He said he'd be here at 5.
I said I'd have his clothes ironed for the wedding tonight
He asked what we would do

I told him
I'd wear my pretty black polka dot skirt I bought in Murcia
the one he saw

and we'd dance
and we'd laugh
and talk 
and laugh
and just have fun, like we know how

and then we'd run away from the crowd
and run to the beach and walk and talk and dream and laugh

and then we'd find our way to a place where we are at peace..
alone... in each other's arms.

yeah... these silly dreams
are a part of the reality we can't live right now
and haven't lived, except for moments at a time
but they are dreams we know that someday will come true.

but nothing will happen...
until it is the right time.

because I know and I know he knows
we are the right person
we met at the right time
to grow
to learn
to teach
to feel love and to love
to become our best

All I can say is it's hard to say good-bye
or stop being who we are

but... again i will say

if we don't change...nothing changes!

now to see what life has unfolding before me

I'm excited at all the beauty that is coming to me
yes... easily and effortlessly

and our paths will cross, when they're meant to cross...
we both know it.

but the part of this whole realization i made
is I'm no longer putting my life on hold
just like I told him I had to catch up when he is running,
he'll catch up to me in life.

more to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment