Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy...

Today as I was driving around...doing work related things. I was listening to my playlist called Feeling Happy and the song by TI & Chris Brown - Get Back Up was playing. So I'm driving...singing, swaying to the music. I see a man looking at me as I'm singing and tapping the steering wheel and so into my song, while I was parked at a stop light.

Initially, I got a little embarrassed...then I thought what the heck, and kept on singing and tapping, because the song was so good I just couldn't waste it. I smiled at him, and he gave me a grumpy look, so i kept dancing, enjoying my music...as I drove away, I saw him smile and shake his head. He probably thought I was crazy! Hey but he smiled.

I started thinking. And realized just how happy I am. Hey....I really can't tell you why. But I have this feeling in me.

So I continued with my day. Feeling happy! I stopped at Best Buy, and smiled at everyone. I got lots of smiles back. That made me happy - ER !!

Then I went into Target....i'm walking through the isles looking for a squirt bottle...looking lost i'm sure. I saw a man watching me walk down the isle...and as I approached him I smiled...his smile was slight. So I smiled bigger, and he smiled bigger! Hey I made him smile!

Then I walk into whole foods...and saw a girl with pretty eyes...so I told her so! She smiled and said thank you. That made me happy!

I saw the most delicious looking apples...they looked like New Mexico apples...there was a lady there trying to figure how she could only take a few without taking the entire bag, they were set in brown bags, and i also thought I had to take an entire bag. I explained to her what bag to use. She thanked me and smiled.

Its so easy to spread your happiness...I felt like I spread mine today! A small compliment...a simple smile, just might change someone's day.

One day, Anthony and I were at Taco Bell. There was a little boy there, 8 or 9 years old. Sitting at a table alone, coloring in his coloring book. I wondered first of all why he was alone. Then I said Hi!. He looked at me apprehensively and put his head down and continued coloring. Then I said...so he could hear me..."wow, you're an artist" He continued coloring with his head down, but I saw the smile that appeared on his face. When Anthony came back to the table, I said "Anthony, did you see that boy...he's an artist!" Anthony looked at me like "mom, you're nuts". But my son knows me well...and he knows I love to make a difference in people's lives. Not that I'm always doing it, but I do like to compliment people and show them they are appreciated.

I think that a simple gesture, a nice compliment, a helpful hand, and a smile can change someone's day, if not their life.

Today I'm happy...because my heart is happy. I can't tell you I have a reason, other than, I'm alive...and I'm ok! I can only imagine the happiness I will feel when the two things in my life that I desire come to be. I'll probably explode from happiness!!

Its easy to be happy....you have to find it inside, and then let it spill over so you share it with outs.


No comments:

Post a Comment